George G. Blaisdell designed his lighters to be beautiful as well as reliable, and the first decorative technique was developed shortly after Zippo’s founding in 1932.
This trio of Scottish Terriers was among the very first artistic designs to ever appear on a Zippo lighter. The newly developed Etch Paint method could reproduce both simple and intricate images with multiple colors and quickly established Zippo’s enduring tradition of original artwork and custom designs. Etch Paint would eventually evolve into the tried-and-true Color Image process we use today.
Using a combination of our Lustre and Color Image processes, this Founder’s Day Web Exclusive Collectible features the iconic Scottie design next to our 90th anniversary logo on a Brushed Chrome 1935 Replica model. The lid commemorates June 5 as Founder’s Day and the reverse side of the lighter highlights Zippo’s history and founding principles. Each lighter is consecutively numbered and features a commemorative bottom stamp. Comes packaged in a gift box. For optimal performance fill with Zippo lighter fuel.
- Limited to 5,000 pieces
- Genuine Zippo windproof lighter with distinctive Zippo "click"
- All metal construction; windproof design works virtually anywhere
- Refillable for a lifetime of use; for optimum performance, we recommend genuine Zippo fluid, flints, and wicks
- Made in USA; Lifetime guarantee that "it works or we fix it free™"
- Fuel: Zippo lighter fuel (sold separately)
Weight: 2.0 oz.
IMPORTED AND MARKETED BY:
Bhawar sales corporation
8/166, UPPARAPALAYAM ROAD, EDAPALAYAM VILLAGE,Tiruvallur, TamilNadu, IN, 600052